Sunday, March 18, 2007

Let's restart this

It's been far too long since the last post. Since I last jotted anything down, things have changed a bit. We finally brought someone in to dedicate time to our production support team, so I quickly handed things over to him. And he's done a great job, bringing our backlog down and keeping it down.

I've moved into a new role where I'm now focused on IT strategy. My employer is probably the best around at execution: when we make commitments, we keep them. But we often think so much about the current project, the current quarter, the current problem, that we lose sight of the direction we're supposed to head.

So the posts will head another direction. I'll be looking at service-oriented architecture, business process management, web 2.0 & enterprise 2.0 stuff. And since I get to think about this stuff full time now, maybe I can get myself to post a little more frequently.

No comments: